Civil Design Engineers – Perth
Consultants to the Land Development Industry with a focus on Masterplanning and Urban Development
Taylors is a leading development consultancy based in Melbourne who are recognised for providing the best possible outcomes to an expanding client base across the infrastructure, urban development and built environment markets for over 50 years. We take pride in having a team of over 150 talented professionals in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Project Management and a range of corporate support roles.
Due to a growing client base, we are seeking a Design Engineer who will be based in our newly established offices in central Perth. Our Perth Civil Engineering Design office was created in early 2018 and we are growing the team 4-6 skilled Engineers who will be well supported by our established and skilled Melbourne Engineering team.
You will work on our Melbourne based projects, which will allow you to gain additional skills, particularly in drainage, water and sewer design. In these new positions, you will enjoy hands-on design and project coordination and will be accountable for the coordination of projects from designing and drafting to managing workflow outputs; meeting the client brief, project and budget requirements and statutory regulations.
Working with the Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing concept designs, functional layouts, estimates, specifications, tender & contract documentation and design reports for a range of land development and infrastructure projects (road, drainage, sewer and water);
- Provide specialised knowledge and input into designs at concept, preliminary and detailed design stage to ensure designs comply with appropriate standards, specifications and are “fit for purpose”;
- Undertake rural and urban road design to AUSTROADS, MPA, IDM, Council and VicRoads standards including geometric and layout design, traffic control devices and on and off-street parking;
- Undertake stormwater drainage design and modelling to AS 3500, Melbourne Water, AR&R and Council standards;
- Prepare sewer and water mains designs to AS 3500, MRWA and WSAA standards;
- Design of miscellaneous civil engineering structures to Australian Standards;
- Develop, implement and apply environmentally sensitive and sustainable design concepts;
- Prepare technical engineering reports and letters for presentation to clients and various authorities.
- Liaise with the Manager to manage workflow outputs to meet project and budget requirements;
- Be aware of financial and project delivery schedule activities / milestones of design and construction as they relate to disciplines involved;
- Liaise with internal units and teams to ensure optimum results for joint projects;
- Liaise with Authorities to resolve issues relating to requirements of particular projects; and
- Ensure that final documentation for projects is in accordance with both client brief and statutory regulations.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent;
- Expertise in land development projects, including medium density residential;
- Expert knowledge of civil engineering design and common infrastructure construction techniques;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in 12D (MX, Autoturn, MUSIC, HEC-RAS, RORB and Microstation desirable);
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel);
- Strong project management skills;
- Sound understanding of land development processes; and
- Understanding of QA systems (preferably ISO 9001) and their application to civil engineering projects.
At Taylors, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of growth and innovation, providing our people with every opportunity to contribute to both business and personal success. You will be rewarded with a supportive team environment, competitive remuneration package, on-site parking and a host of other benefits that make Taylors a great place to be.
If you have what it takes, please click on the ‘Apply’ button and include your cover letter and Resume (quoting reference EPM-CDE-18) today!
Please note we are also seeking Design Engineers in our Melbourne office, so if you’re looking to move over to the East do let us know.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Please visit our website at www.taylorsds.com.au to view our exciting Projects and to learn more about working at Taylors.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taylorsdevelopmentstrategists
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/taylors-urban-development-infrastructure-built-environments/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com