Manager – Civil Design
Website Taylors Development Strategists
Consultants to the Land Development Industry with a focus on Masterplanning and Urban Development
Taylors is a leading development consultancy recognised for providing the best possible outcomes to an expanding client base across the infrastructure, urban development and built environment markets for over 50 years. We take pride in having a team of over 140 talented professionals in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Project Management and a range of corporate support roles.
Due to a growing Engineering & Project Management team, we are seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Design Manager to join the Taylors team based in Melbourne’s South-Eastern suburb of Notting Hill. Utilising your demonstrated land development experience, you will lead one of our skilled Civil Engineering Design teams, developing your people to be the best that they can whilst sharing your technical expertise and your passion for Engineering.
Working on interesting and complex multi-staged projects you will leave your mark on projects that you and your team can be proud of; earning respect as an industry leader.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Project allocation and management of resources, liaising with internal teams to ensure optimum results for joint projects;
- Team Management of up to 7 Engineers;
- Client relationship management and Business Development;
- Prepare concept designs, functional layouts, estimates, specifications, tender & contract documentation and design reports for a range of land development and infrastructure projects (road, drainage, sewer and water);
- Provide specialised knowledge and input into designs at concept, preliminary and detailed design stage to ensure designs comply with appropriate standards, specifications and are “fit for purpose”;
- Undertake rural and urban road design to AUSTROADS, MPA, IDM, Council and VicRoads standards including geometric and layout design, traffic control devices and on and off-street parking;
- Undertake stormwater drainage design and modelling to AS 3500, Melbourne Water, AR&R and Council standards;
- Develop, implement and apply environmentally sensitive and sustainable design concepts;
- Provide technical design and construction advice in both design and construction activities;
- Investigate and develop new design works that are best practice, innovative and cognisant with the objectives of Taylors and our clients;
- Prepare technical engineering reports and letters for presentation to clients and various authorities;
- Prepare and present evidence at independent panels and VCAT as required; and
- Act as an Ambassador for Taylors culture and brand and serve as a representative at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- Extensive experience in land development projects, including medium density residential
- Expert knowledge of civil engineering design, including wetlands, detention systems, water & sewer
- Previous people management experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in 12D (AutoCAD, MX, Autoturn, MUSIC, HEC-RAS, RORB, PC Drain, PC Convey and Microstation desirable)
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Outstanding project coordination skills
- Sound understanding of Victorian land development processes
- Knowledge of WSAA and plumbing codes
- Industry presence and networking skills
- Understanding of QA systems (preferably ISO 9001) and their application to civil engineering projects
At Taylors, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of growth and innovation, providing our people with every opportunity to contribute to both business and personal success. You will be rewarded with a supportive team environment, competitive remuneration package, on-site parking and a host of other benefits that make Taylors a great place to be.
If you have what it takes, please click on the ‘Apply’ button or email our Talent Acquisition Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Please include your cover letter and Resume (quoting reference EPM-DM-1017) telling us why you are suited to this position.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com