Consultants to the Land Development Industry with a focus on Masterplanning and Urban Development
Taylors is a leading development consultancy recognised for providing the best possible outcomes to an expanding client base across the infrastructure, urban development and built environment markets for over 50 years. We take pride in having a team of over 150 talented professionals in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Project Management and a range of corporate support roles.
Due to a growing client base, we are seeking a Project Manager with previous experience in managing large residential subdivision projects (100 – 1,000 lots) to join our Engineering and Project Management team. In this new position, you will be given exposure to a diverse range of projects including one of the largest land transaction in Victorian history.
You will have a ‘relationships first’ approach and enjoy liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will enjoy a varied role; being responsible for Feasibility & Construction, Project Management, Contract Administration, Business Development and Continual Improvement.
This is an opportunity to continue your career by joining our stable and collaborative organisation who foster a culture of growth and innovation.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing your expertise, knowledge and input into designs at concept, preliminary and detailed design stage to ensure designs comply with appropriate standards, specifications and are “fit for purpose” and commercially feasible;
- Provide technical design and construction advice as required;
- Prepare technical engineering reports and letters for presentation to clients and various authorities;
- Prepare and present evidence at independent panels and VCAT as required;
- Maintain knowledge of infrastructure construction standards;
- Liaise and act as an advocate with internal and external stakeholders managing workflow outputs to meet project and budget requirements;
- Prepare accurate and timely fee proposals, estimates, specifications, tender and contract documentation and reports for road, drainage, sewer and water;
- Prepare variation costings and forward works programs;
- Develop, review and obtain confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities / milestones of design and construction as they relate to disciplines involved;
- Participate in reviews of delivery procedures and provide input to continuous improvement processes where appropriate;
- Participate in business development strategies; and
- Participate in professional development and networking opportunities.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in project management;
- Strong customer and quality focus with an appreciation of our “relationships first” approach;
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of people, including government bodies, consultants, developers and clients – dispute resolution skills are essential;
- Proven ability to deliver within time and budgetary controls;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel);
- Advanced understanding of Victorian land development processes;
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
At Taylors, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of growth and innovation, providing our people with every opportunity to contribute to both business and personal success. You will be rewarded with a supportive team environment, competitive remuneration package, on-site parking and a host of other benefits that make Taylors a great place to be.
If you have what it takes, please click on the ‘Apply’ button and include your cover letter and Resume (quoting reference EPM- PM-18) to our Talent Acquisition Coordinator today!
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Please visit our website at www.taylorsds.com.au to view our exciting Projects and to learn more about working at Taylors.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taylorsdevelopmentstrategists
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/taylors-urban-development-infrastructure-built-environments/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com