Senior Urban Designer
Consultants to the Land Development Industry with a focus on Masterplanning and Urban Design, Surveying, GIS, Civil Engineering, Development Strategy and Project Management.
Taylors is a leading development consultancy recognised for providing outstanding solutions to the urban development, infrastructure and built environment markets for over 50 years. We take pride in our team of 150 highly-skilled professionals in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Finance, Business Development, Human Resources, Marketing and Administration.
We are seeking a Senior Urban Designer to join our team at our Notting Hill office. In this role, you will take a design from concept to masterplan whilst meeting both client and Council requirements. You will also be involved in preparing fee proposals and project management responsibilities.
You will undertake: –
- Urban Design and Drafting of various plans including conceptual and detailed masterplans, development plans, site analysis, design response and masterplan application suite of plans;
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from hand-drawn concepts;
- Lot yield analysis and land budget investigation;
- Source and compile planning and strategic information;
- Liaise with Urban Design Manager to manage workflow outputs to meet project and budget requirements;
- Advise clients of accurate timeframes for completion of project milestones and anticipate submission requirements;
- Consult with Council and other involved parties to obtain information relevant to submissions and project completion;
- Provide direction to Graduate Urban Designer as required.
You will have a tertiary qualification in Urban Design and knowledge of state planning legislation and Council requirements.
You will also have: –
- Knowledge of development industry trends;
- Experience producing design solutions in urban and rural contexts;
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of people, including government bodies, consultants, developers and residential clients;
- Proven ability to deliver within time and budgetary controls;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced AutoCAD;
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
At Taylors, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of growth and innovation, providing our people with every opportunity to contribute to both business and personal success. You will be rewarded with a supportive team environment, competitive remuneration package, on-site parking and a host of other benefits that make Taylors a great place to be.
If you have what it takes, please click on the ‘Apply’ button and include your cover letter and Resume (quoting reference UDPD-UD-18) to our Talent Acquisition Coordinator today!
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Visit our Website:http://www.taylorsds.com.au/careers/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taylorsdevelopmentstrategists
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/taylors-urban-development-infrastructure-built-environments/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org