UDIA / VPELA NZ Study Tour 2016
Taylors recently hosted a day event as part of this years’ UDIA/VPELA Study Tour of New Zealand which explored and showcased some of the common and unique challenges faced by Councils and developers in the fast-growing city of Auckland which houses 32% of the country’s population and Christchurch, a city that is rebuilding a vital community after the devastating earthquake series of 2010/2011.
Our hosted day in Christchurch included the following presentations:
- Geotechnical aspects for new building foundations on earthquake prone land
- Christchurch City Council on the preparation and implementation of The Blueprint Plan to re-develop the City and heritage building considerations
- Interactive city walk to demonstrate innovative temporary projects on vacant city land to create community social interaction and identity
- Retail Precinct walk-through to explain the influence of The Blueprint Plan on the Christchurch retail CBD
- Construction project King Edward Barracks Development
- Strategy for the new Christchurch high-density residential East Frame
- Margaret Mahy Playground walk-through
- Project demonstration through the Christchurch Innovation Precinct targeting innovation and technology tenants
Since 2014, Taylors have been engaged by a major insurer as part of the Christchurch Rebuild effort to deliver assessments of and strategies for earthquake damaged Multi-Unit Residential developments.